Who We Are
KLA Elementary School is an innovative and progressive institution inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. After ten years of providing children with a renowned early childhood education in our KLA preschool program, we are extending this enriching experience to give continuity to our meaningful and quality educational practices. Our state of the art facility provides spaces where children’s abilities and natural aptitudes are nurtured in ways that develop new and inherent talents.
Our educators believe in the child’s competency and potential, while embracing the children’s ideas, points of view, and participation in their learning experience. They appreciate professional development as a way of further understanding the child’s thinking and learning processes.
At KLA Elementary School, we offer children a place to become aware of their love for learning. Their thoughts and ideas are honored and acknowledged as they become protagonists of their learning process, while having access to rich, innovative materials, ateliers, laboratories (Kitchen lab, Science lab, Technology lab, Library/Resource Center, Gym, Theater, Music), and other resources in the community.
Our Unique Features
- Brand new, open and innovative spaces where children are able to be protagonists of their own learning process. Our elementary program offers not only a quality educational experience, but also a meaningful life experience that nurtures and respects the child as a whole.
- Our enrichment programs have been thoughtfully developed to challenge our elementary aged children. Through physical education, music, art, cooking, technology/engineering and more, our students will be exposed to a variety of experiences cultivated to enhance and encourage critical thinking through differentiated instruction.
- Our Atelier (art studio), as well as our Technology, Kitchen and Science Laboratories offer the children endless opportunities to experiment and explore with different materials that foster inquiry and investigation. The children will use computers, iPads, laptops and smart boards to support and compliment their research process.
- Learning is not limited to the classroom, children are exposed to areas outside of the school and they use those surroundings to make connections to their classroom projects. We are not bound to a single theory. Our curriculum is based on our research on the multiple intelligences that children possess, and the importance of offering children a holistic environment that provokes active learning, collaborative work, and problem-solving skills that children will apply to their daily lives.
- Our staff is composed of certified, trained and professional educators and counselors that will support your child’s transition, growth and development in every aspect.
We operate based on the Federal and State Academic Standards through experiences and projects where children can explore, research, exchange ideas, and be protagonists of their learning process.
Our philosophy is to be carried out by emphasizing the child’s abilities, competences, and natural aptitude, developing and fostering the child in ways that encourage the development of new and inherent talents.
We would like to welcome you to your digital tour of KLA Elementary School. From the moment you walk into any of our locations, you will know that you are in a KLA School. Each one of our schools has a modern feel and design unlike any other. Features such as wood floors and furniture, large picture windows for all classrooms and offices, large corridors and classroom sizes, soft tone colors, and play soft furniture brought in from Italy are some of the visual components that makes KLA stand out from all the rest.
Click the photo to launch the tour.
2019-2020 School Year
Come visit us to learn more about our progressive approach to education!
Open House: Friday, November 16th, 2018 at 9:00am